5 easy steps to lose weight. Healthily. I know, I get it – I’ve already said this before but I’m currently writing 8 months into Freeletics and 4 months into the Gym. So, that’s the only difference. I’ve avoided taking any pictures, which actually counterparts this post, possibly or the fact that I have an exercise Instagram specifically for this path. I started that account back in 2016 and it has since been without much movement throughout 2017. I’m not a very social person and keeping too many different social accounts takes a toll on me.
5 easy steps to lose weight. Going back to the topic. I’ve lost, so far 15lbs, and this is what I’ve learned.
*& yes, I know repeating the title doesn’t make it better but it helps you remember XD*
- Water. Keeping it to a healthy dose, depending on your weight, 2L a day should do the trick. It’ll be very hard to keep that amount of water in every day (it should be 2L in beverages, preferably water) but start with… a bottle a day or 2 glasses, then up from there. I managed to do that by getting a really pretty 1.5L pink Tupperware bottle.
- Lemon Water. Once waking up, the best thing to do is drink a glass cold water as well as warm water with lemon juice. To be fair, I’ve tried both and this is the deal: cold water boosts your energy to start the day. It also helps to burn the fat and maintain weight as well as helping your digestion. I’d recommend the warm-not-quite-lemonade water with a slice of ginger. See how you can do it here!
- Sleep. Get as much sleep as you can (no more than 8 hours). The so-called beauty sleep actually helps to boost fat loss, burn calories and keeps your brain focused. Try to squeeze in between 6-8hrs a day no later than 10 – 11 pm. Trust me!
- More veggies. Yup, I haven’t dropped all the junk food but I keep it to a minimum of 1 – 2 meals on the weekends, not every weekend, and sporadic day of the week. Yes, this is the SLOWEST way to drop weight. The food’s something I enjoy and I don’t want to drop weight fast only to regain it back fast. Because I was never able to eat healthy food alone. If anything, I’m learning what works for me and how much I can stand the food that’s good and how to make it tasty without all the bad stuff. IT TAKES TIME and the way I’m doing it, it’s not the way I’ve learned from anyone. I don’t care about fast weight loss, I care about being healthier, happier and feeling better eating whatever I want while keeping it balanced.
- And last but not least, exercise. Not the I’m-killing-myself-3-hours-a-day-in-the-gym sort of exercise. I walk of 20 – 30 min a day to make a healthy habit does the trick. Doesn’t have to be fast-paced, but it does help your body movement. Walking the dogs helps me when I’m having a bad day. I go to the gym 3 times a week (Wednesday Yoga, Friday to do Freeletics and cardio and Sunday to swim) or more.
As mentioned, this is a healthy and very slow paced way to lose weight. My boyfriend and I make some changes to recipes so it fits both our taste without anything too fatty or sugary and it does the trick.
You can see a more specific schedule that I try to follow here and let me know what you think.
Let me know if this is something you’d be willing to try and how would you go about removing the unhealthy meals from your daily life.
PS: Let me know if you’d like to see a weekly meal plan (: