Current List of Movies:
5 Movies to Inspire Wanderlust
Wanderlust, sigh. I love that word, more so when the idea comes from movies. Movies always serve as a way to inspire people. Inspire travel, money making, minimalism, changing lifestyles, etc. So, it’s of no concern when people write about Movies that inspire Wanderlust. If I didn’t have so many pets to take care of, I’d say I’d definitely be a wanderer of the world, or I’d like to think I would be one at least in my country.
The most amazing thing about watching a movie is the ability to take you to another time, place and provide you with different perspectives. However, among the overwhelming and growing list, these movies are the ones that stuck in my brain when I searched for wanderlust inspirational movies. These will set your wanderlust racing as you dream of your next adventure:
- This amazing story based on a true story of a student who abandons everything he has and hitchhikes to Alaska. He’s looking to live in the wilderness, which will probably stay with you forever, inspired by the loss of connection to his career and materialistic life. You’ll get incredible landscapes of Alaska. Living a life off the land, with soaring highs and a tragic culmination, you’ll find that his adventurous spirit certainly inspires curiosity and yearning to discover what’s beyond the boundaries.
If you ever need to choose only ONE movie, make it this one!
- This movie will get you packing and getting to Italy sooner rather than later and once there, getting a Villa. If you’ve ever dreamed about owning a Villa in Tuscany, you probably saw this movie. Based on a book of the same name, it portrays love and how as long as you put your heart into something, you’ll succeed. The MC has a way of sharing the love that she learned she wants.
- Awkward and introverted Walter Mitty has lived in his imagination until the adventure-of-a-lifetime calls where he has to search for his hero to save his career. Walter is forced to face his fears in the most humorous, heartwarming and inspiring ways. The unbelievable adventures of Walter Mitty will leave you longing for an extraordinary adventure of your own.
- Hating musicals should NOT leave you outside of the crew loving the island view. The awe-inspiring Greek island upon which all of those dance numbers take place and there’s a wanderlust sequel. So, no matter how silly the movie is, no one can deny that the stunning Greek Islands are the real highlight of Mamma Mia. The pristine water, dramatic coastlines, endless sunshine, and loving atmosphere are instantly addictive and fun. It’ll leave you craving a getaway too.
- This is a light-hearted romantic story about a long-lasting crush that takes place in the most beautiful setting: the Provence region in the South of France.
And 2 extra movies that I consider the absolute best:
- A sentimental and predictable yet a very heart-warming story that will inspire you to run away from your regular life! Places like India, China, Egypt, Tanzania, France, and the U.S., this movie will definitely give you some new ideas for the next trips. These 2 men that meet in the hospital while being treated for cancer will definitely motivate you and inspire the wanderlust within you as well as understanding how strong a friendship bond can become.
- Based on Elizabeth Gilbert’s memoir, the-book-made-film of the same name tells the story of the author’s travels through Italy, India, and Indonesia. The food is divine, the scenery exquisite and it inspired me to seek a career/life break to get out and never come back. Bali, to be specific, is my top of the list for their very different cultures and ways to rediscover oneself.
Hopefully, these films will inspire you to throw everything through the window, book a plane ticket and have an adventure! Be it in the near future or further in time, remember that life is a journey itself and we only have one life. Be kind, loving and adventurous! It’ll take you places. Oh! Also, remember to check the packing tips I shared here.
Let me know if you have any more recommendations!